Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Enchanting Interview: Melissa Walker

1. What inspired LOVESTRUCK SUMMER?
A trip to Austin one summer made me want to write a book set there. A romance seemed like the perfect thing, and the city just breathes music, so I had to add that aspect too.
2. Can you describe LOVESTRUCK SUMMER in three words?
Hot Austin Romance.
3. Which character surprised you the most over the course of writing the book?
When it suddenly came to me that Penny's little dog, Miss Tiara, was a male dog who liked to wear girly accessories, I was surprised. But I had to go with it! I loved that dog.
4. What was your favorite scene to write?
All the scenes with Quinn and Russ were fun because they had chemistry. Writing two characters with chemistry is just pure bliss.
5. What do you like most about Quinn? What do you like least about her?
I like that she's willing to expand her mind... eventually. I don't like her quick-to-judge tendencies.
6. If Quinn was going to make you a mix tape, what songs would have to be on there?
Well, after this summer in Austin, I think she'd include "Portland, Oregon" by Jack White & Loretta Lynn, "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis, "Speeding Motorcycle" by Daniel Johnston and, of course, "Africa" by Toto.
7. Do you have a favorite line of dialogue in the book?
Ooh, hard question! I don't think I really do. Is that lame?
8. If you could cast yourself into the book for a scene, which one would you choose?
I'd love to be an extra on the river float scene where Russ and Quinn are getting to know each other as they ease down the Guadalupe River in inner tubes.
9. What's next for you?
I'm working on a new book, but it's all secret for now. Stay tuned!

Interview by Lisa
June 2009

Visit Melissa online @:

No comments:

Post a Comment