Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Q and A with Meg Cabot

1) What led to the idea to have a tiara auction?

I wan ted to do something to help libraries--library use is up 30% right now with the recession, but funding for them has been slashed significantly!--and my publicist Rachel Breinin suggested doing an auction. Of course TIARAS seemed like a natural fit. We had tiara frames custom made, then set about asking designers, celebrities, authors, and illustrators decorate them. Truthfully, we got a lot of "I'm too busy's" and, adorably, from a few male stars, "I'm not sure it would fit my manly image," and one celebrity journalist we asked even accidentally threw hers away! But we got of yesses too. So it turned out great!

2) What inspired your design?

My design was inspired by "Forever Princess," which takes place in the springtime. Princess Mia really "blossoms" in the book, hence the tiara's floral theme, which also represents her gradu ation, going to prom, and, of course Greenpeace!

3) If you could have anyone in the world wear your tiara, who would you like to see it on?

Oh, my gosh! I guess the first person who springs to mind would be one of the Obama girls. Second would be Kathy Griffin.

4) What do you think Mia's tiara would look like if she were taking part in the auction?

A huge mess. She's not crafty at all. But you know what? Grandmere would come to the rescue and hire Martha Stewart to fix it, so in the end it would turn out BEAUTIFULLY.

Thanks Meg for taking the time to answer my questions!

Please check out the tiara auction at http://www.cmarket.com/auction/item/Browse.action?_sourcePage=/item/browseImage.jsp&sort=NAME_ASC&page=1&auctionId=73509724&view=IMAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment