Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Interview with AOTM Tina Ferraro

What sparked the idea for How To Hook a Hottie?

No single thing. I liked the idea of a girl putting her
ambitions before her experience and talent, and liked
the idea of hooking hotties (whatever that meant) and
just started writing until the storyline and the characters
became clear.

How long did it take you to write?

About two months to write the first chapter, then about
four months to finish the book. I always labor over the
first chapter.

What's your favorite quality about Kate?

Her self-confidence. At her age (17), I was still very
unsure about myself and my place in the world, but
she's convinced that she's special and can do it all.

What was your favorite scene to write?

I liked the date with Brandon. He is one of my favorite
characters, and the words simply flowed. It felt more
like copying than writing.

Describe the story in three words.

High school matchmaker

Who would you say you're more like, Nic or Kate?

Nic--hands-down. I'm talkative and outgoing and I
over-think everything, just like Nic.

What would people be surprised to know about you?

That in my teen years, I won a first place golf trophy.
The reason this would really surprise people is that I
don't play golf. It was during a phase that I was trying
to learn, and since I was the only girl who entered the
tournament, I won. I promptly quit the lessons...just
like Jerry Seinfeld, I believe in going out on top. :)

What's one thing you can't write without?

Well, I really like my array of hand creams and body
sprays, which line the corner of my desk.

What are you working on now?

My fourth contracted book, presently untitled, and
all I can say is that it involves a girl, a really good guy
and one really bad fling...

No comments:

Post a Comment